Protection Orders

If you are in immediate

danger, call 911!

Obtain an Order

To obtain a Protection from Abuse (PFA) or Protection from Harassment (PFH) order, you must first visit your local court, and follow the procedures set forth by that court.

Your Court may direct you to have a Deputy of the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office serve your PFA or PFH. You will need to bring, or mail the paperwork to be served to:

The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at:
36 County Way
Portland, ME 04102

Serving the Order

Our deputies will attempt to serve the order immediately upon receipt, and before the court date.

If the order cannot be served before the court date, the order will be returned to the court.